Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Thrfity Tuesday ~ January 29th, 2008

Today was defiantly an adventure! We started at the Goose, then made our way to where her husband works at Reflections of the Buttes. It was the first time meeting Joel her husband! What a nice guy! I think my hubby and he would get along nicely. From there we got a bite to eat at La Salsa and then off to deep Tucson for some new thrifting adventures. I had never been to the Salvation Army in that part of town ~ all I can say is WAY over priced! Jenny Found a cute huge Richard Scary book and a couple of pillow cases to make bags out of. I walked out empty handed : ( Next stop was Desert Industries where it proved to be a good day! I spent a whopping $1.00 and walked out with a basket and bag full of Shiny Brites - only 2 were broken! Not bad!
Then we went to an Antique strip mall ( I can't remember the exact name of it but I found a McCalls pattern intact dated June 15th, 1940! It's the cutest pattern for children's toys - all shaped like different fruits! Jenny got a cute match book with a black birdie on it ~ the lady just gave it to her for free!
We then stopped at ABC which was having a liquidation sale! Jenny got a cute vintage children's book with Brown fuzzy bears on it, an old Bambi Golden Book, some old Asian paper she's going to use for wrapping gifts and some cute chachkies of little animals! I got some flower rub on transfers, a children's song book and a nice hinged wooden box I'm going to attempt to turn into a vintage Enid Collins-esq wooden purse! We'll see, I've never really worked with wood to much or leather straps either. The decorating part should be pretty fun though! Our last stop was the Pink Elephant and another shop I can't remember the name of that left us both empty handed but all in all we found some really good finds!
I forgot to mention how many wonderful linens I found at the Goose! I came straight home and washed and pressed all of them! I got the stains out and they are all so beautiful!I will post pix a bit later today when I get home from grocery shopping!

1 comment:

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

Love your blog name! Thrift store shopping is the best, I find so many great things! I'm also in Tucson. :) Nice blog!