I'll admit it ~ I was excited! I had never met anyone for lunch that I had met on the internet before. Feelings of anticipation like a blind date ~ (no, no, no not like that)...I was happily married and so was she but it still felt exhilarating because at this point in time we had only conversed through the Flickr community and email ~ now we were about to meet face to face for the first time in the town where we both reside ~ of all places on earth Tucson, Arizona! A love for Cake & Crafties was our common thread. All I knew about her was that she kicked butt in the Cake Department ~ and all she knew about me was that I was a Craft Addict ! A meeting for lunch and what would prove to be hours of splendid conversation was set in motion.
Both of us knew we had many things in common but after 5 1/2 hours of chit chatting we had no idea just how much! It was so much fun to meet someone that loved what I love ...Cake, Kitschy, Vintage, Cookies, Retro, Dogs, Husbands, Cupcakes, Cherries...the list is miles long!
As afternoon turned to evening and the wait staff at the Mexican restraunt where we met changed shifts ~ shared thoughts and ideas were slowly melding into the idea of... joining forces ~ nothing could stop us now from putting Tucson on the map for more than Monsoon Weather and The U of A! What could be better than two gals who share the same passions in life and who are both antsy to take the plunge into the world of Confection and Craft ~
Ready set go is how I'm feeling! We shall see where this leads...as of now our wheels are turning and the Oven and Sewing Machine are HOT! Looking forward to seeing what happens next!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
so cool!!! I love your new blog sweetie!! you and Jenny seem like so much fun! :-)
I just found this blog! how cool! I understand the nervousness factor of meeting for "real"! So are you two going to craft cook and sell fantastic stuff together?
Thanks for writing this.
Post a Comment